(cba:news) cba finding charts

Jonathan Kemp jk at cbastro.org
Mon Oct 15 22:45:47 EDT 2001

Dear CBAers--

JP> If that's too faint - and it probably is for most CBAers - then I
JP> recommend EC23593-6724 and EC05114-7955, with coords in the last
JP> "News" message.  Two virginal CVs with a very happy dec.
JP> Jonathan, can you send chart info on these guys?

For those of you who may not have visited the charts page at the CBA web
site recently, we have substantially renovated it and integrated it with
the Downes et al. CV web site by providing extensive links to its catalog
and atlas pages.

The charts section of the CBA web site now contains more than 150 objects,
sortable by both constellation and right ascension.  While some of the
customized information that we produced on our older charts isn't
presented for all of the objects, web links to detailed information and
finding charts are provided for every CV in the list.  However, a link at
the bottom of the charts page will still bring you to all of our older
CBA-produced charts.

Additionally, you will find information about many of the Edinburgh-Cape
Blue Object Survey (EC) CVs mentioned in recent CBA messages [many of
which were first documented in the recent Chen et al. paper (2001, MNRAS,
325. 89)].

We eagerly solicit comments on this new format, including what parts of it
you find useful and what else you'd like to see included on the charts
pages.

Clear skies at Tololo...

Jonathan
CBA Hilo