(cba:news) IX Dra

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Nov 12 09:22:13 EST 2000

Dear CBAers,

Brian Martin just sent some data on IX Dra, and though around 15-16 it
appears to be still superhumping.  It's late in the outburst, so I imagine
it will give up the ghost in a few days.  Try to observe this star on a
top-priority basis while it remains visible.

With me travelling and the unfavorable RA, I'm afraid this one may have
slipped through - unless someone manages to move fast.  It will probably
take European + NA coverage to get the aliases tamed.  Tonny and Brian
have observed it, but we need some coverage within the same 24-hr
interval.  Borealites, shirk it not.