(cba:news) Stars of the week

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Jul 2 13:25:54 EDT 2000

Dear CBAers,

You've already received this from Tonny, but I thought I would emphasize
it.  I was pessimistic that we could do anything in Virgo this late in the
season, but obviously I was wrong!  It's important that we follow these
eclipses as the star declines from (super)outburst.  We really need all
longitudes cranking away on this one.  It'll take very little observing
time since the star quickly sets - but try to get in a quick session
before your main target.

Dave Skillman got a long run on V1494 Aql last night, which suggested
there might be another period present of 19 minutes.  We won't be sure of
these matters until we have a few more good nights of coverage, including
NZ or Europe which we need to crack the daily cycle count.

Two great equatorial stars... fine days in the CBA.

     joe