(cba:news) CCD photometry software for ST-7

Jonathan Kemp jk at cbastro.org
Tue Mar 11 18:12:02 EST 1997

Hi folks,

I must have been sleeping when this one entered my mailbox, so I apologize
for not passing it along sooner.  Kato and the Ouda folks have amended
their reduction software to handle ST-7 produced images and automate large
portions of the reduction process.  The package looks particularly
appealing and I encourage you guys to take a look at it.  I don't know
exactly how applicable it is to ST-6-produced frames, as I realize some of
you currently have that SBIG camera version.  If you have any experiences
or thoughts on this package, please let me know.

Since many of you may not be familiar with or have nearby the software to
decompress lzh files, a zipped file (redst7.zip) is available at
ftp://tristram.phys.columbia.edu/pub/cba/utilities/vsnet/redst7.zip.

Jonathan