    Re: Who's watching what

    From: Joe Patterson <jop_at_astro.columbia.edu>
    Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:40:58 -0500
    Yeah, clear everywhere in the southwest, it seems.  I'm observing a new
    DQ Her star from Kitt Peak, since the CBA coverage of TT Ari is so good
    - last night, "good" is a vast understatement.  I suppose the ideal is
    to have 2 (or maybe 3, to indulge in a luxury) same-region observers on
    it, to give room for error - equipment failure, sudden clouds, etc.
    It's a pretty important night for TT Ari, with two more Galex windows
    (430-500 and 610-640 UT).  But I'd love to have some help with the rapid
    pulsers.

    Last night was pretty much pure quiescent TT Ari, as most of you know.
    I'll send out a spliced light curve to all of you in a couple of hours.

    Probably a good night for cba-chatter.  BTW Koji Mukai has secured
    another 25 ksec of Swift X-ray time.  We have to get a *little* lucky,
    but we hope to get part of this at pure quiescence, and part in one of
    these flares.  Not yet scheduled, but probably will be in the next few days.

    joe